We believe that the teacher is the single most important factor affecting student learning in the classroom. Other factors —resources, facilities, curriculum — are important, but ultimately, it is the teacher who connects with the students and engages them in learning.
At Cedar International School, we have excellent teachers. Hailing from 11 different countries, they are a vibrant mix of seasoned veterans and energetic young teachers. Over 70% hold Master’s or other advanced degrees, including two doctorates. Six are IB Examiners. Three are site evaluators for the IB or Council of International Schools. When such skilled and passionate teachers are combined with quality resources, the latest technology, an expanding facility, and an internationally-recognized curriculum, it creates a recipe for success.
Indeed, it creates the very atmosphere we enjoy at Cedar, where students and teachers support and challenge one another, learn, laugh and grow together while pursuing excellence.
- Scott Crawford, Director, USA
- Zach Pascoe, Head of Secondary, USA / BVI
- Karen Fletcher, Head of Primary, Canada
- Jane Fraser, DP Coordinator, UK
- Sarah Dixon, MYP Coordinator, USA
- Caroline Maclean, PYP Coordinator, Canada
- Gemma Restell, Solution Studio Consultant, UK
- Victoria Ghiorse, Solution Studio Coordinator, UK
- Vijay Chitnis, Director of Strategic Initiatives and Development (Consultant), USA
- Justin Moul, Director of Marketing and Communications (Consultant), UK
- Verney O’Neal, HR/Admissions Administrator, Guyana / BVI
- Peter Vanzoost, Senior Management Accountant, Canada
- Deon Morgan, Management Accountant, Jamaica
- Dietmar Lichota, Facilities Manager, UK
- Vanessa Simon, Front Office Manager, Guyana
- Sonja Williams, IT Support Coordinator, Guyana
- Norma Pierre-Louis, After School Clubs and Summer Camp Coordinator, Dominica
- John Reilly, Athletics Director, Ireland
Teaching Faculty - Primary
- Jennie Jermyn, Pre-K 3, UK / BVI
- Michelle Lilleyman, Pre-K 4, UK
- Katelyn Woodman, Pre-K 4, Canada
- Anna Rosenberg, Kindergarten, USA
- Lesley Bayles, Grade 1, UK
- Ashley Bailey, Grade 2, USA
- Alicia Dean, Grade 3 and Primary Music, Canada
- Janita Sullivan, Grade 4, Canada
- Anna Kinkead, Grade 5, UK / BVI
- Marian Cazabon-Blok, Spanish and EAL Coordinator, Trinidad and Tobago/BVI
- Norma Pierre-Louis, Librarian and Primary IT, Dominica
- Leslie Cramer, Primary Art, USA
Teaching Faculty - Secondary
- Susan Weaver, Humanities, USA
- Julia Maduro, Humanities, BVI
- Derek Matthews, Humanities, UK
- Greta Eustace, Humanities and English, USA
- Mark Brown, English, Canada
- Mary Ormond, English and Drama, UK
- Samiramis Sarkardei, Science, UK & Iran
- Jane Fraser, Science, UK
- Zach Pascoe, Science, USA
- Sarah Dixon, Science, USA
- Paulo Gabane, Science and Math, Philippines
- Anil Kumar, Math, India
- Monika Riegels, Math, USA
- Jinson Joseph, Art, India
- Zorelinda Marquez, Spanish, Peru
- Miguel Forti, Spanish, Italy
- Thibaud Guenegou, IT and Design, France
- John Reilly, PE, Ireland
- Steve Butcher, Music, UK
- Roshan Gujar, University Advisor, Community Service and Student Life Coordinator, USA
Student Support Services
- Trisha Smith-Gomes, Counselor, BVI
- Sharon Rameshar, Primary Support, Guyana
- Malen Semira, Secondary Support, Philippines
- Susan John, St. Vincent / BVI
- Celeste Merritt, Trinidad and Tobago
- Majel Talbot, USA
- Sudesh Yadav, India
- Sarah Carroll, UK
- Richie Paul, Dominica
- Tonya Allister, BVI
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Jeffrey Antoine (Hanes), Caretaker, St. Vincent.
- Irena Davis, Daytime Cleaner, St. Kitts / BVI
- Anesta Sam, Evening Cleaner, BVI.
- Ethel Richards, Evening Cleaner, Jamaica.
- Lucinda Tom, Evening Cleaner, BVI.
We would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in finding out more about Cedar International School, or would like to visit our campus in the British Virgin Islands please send us an enquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can.