The Solution Studio
All the students at Cedar International School are entitled to achieve their potential academically, socially, and emotionally as outlined in the school mission and objectives. All students have individual and unique needs, however we recognise that for certain students it will be necessary to make additional provisions in order for these aims to be met. The Solution Studio is here to help!
At Cedar, special educational needs is defined as an individual’s need for a provision which is additional to, or otherwise different from the educational provision made for students of the same age, beyond the boundaries of expected levels of differentiation.
The constraints may be any one or a combination of the following; physical, social, emotional, or intellectual. We also recognise the needs of the more able, gifted and talented student, who may require additional challenge, social or emotional support through our Island Inquirers programme. The Solution Studio Inclusion model is an evidence-based practice, which provides individualised support, through a range of interventions with a range of professionals based on the students needs, whether academic, social or emotional. We aim to
- Build self esteem and confidence
- Meet the academic, social and emotional needs of students
- Remove barriers to learning
- Develop independence
- Provide individual education plans (IEP) as needed
- Work in partnership with parents, students, teachers, allied health providers
The Solution Studio team currently consists of;
- Mrs Gemma Restell – SENDCo (special educational needs and disabilities coordinator)
- Mrs Catherine Ouriach – school counsellor
- Mrs Sharon Rameshar – primary support
- Mrs Victoria Ghiorse – primary support
- Ms Malen Semira – secondary support
If you have concerns, please
Contact your child’s class/subject teacher
Speak to Head of School
Contact the SENDCo ( email@example.com )
Every month The Solution Studio produces a short document tackling a particular subject. These monthly tips are displayed in the atrium of the school. They are also uploaded here for easy reference.
We would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in finding out more about Cedar International School, or would like to visit our campus in the British Virgin Islands please send us an enquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can.