Cedar Exchange Programme
Cedar International School offers an exchange programme with SEK-Catalunya, an IB World School near Barcelona in Spain.
SEK Catalunya is a private day school, located 25-minutes outside Barcelona, bordering the Montseny National Park. Like Cedar, it is an IB World School, offering PYP, MYP and DP. It serves 850 students, age 5-18, and is a trilingual school, with instruction in Spanish, English, and Catalan. Thus, Cedar students will get the Spanish immersion they want, but will have the support of an English speaking community available to them.
The primary purpose of the exchange for Cedar students is to gain exposure to the Spanish language in an immersion setting. Secondary purposes are to experience IB education in a different cultural context and gain exposure to Spanish and Catalan culture.
Application and Deadline
Interested students must complete the application form below and personal statement (between 250 and 500 words) explaining why they wish to participate in the exchange. Completed applications must be submitted to the Head of Secondary by May 15th. Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee comprised of secondary faculty and administrators considering the following criteria:
- Quality of personal statement;
- Academic and behavioural record;
- Aptitude for and interest in Spanish language;
- Willingness of student and parents to comply with all programme terms and conditions.
- Applications are due by May 15th.
- Students will be notified of selection no later than June 3rd.
- Cedar students will visit SEK-Catalunya for three weeks in the fall, from approximately October 2017. These dates include October break, meaning students will miss only 2 weeks of instruction at Cedar.
- SEK-Catalunya students will visit Cedar for a reciprocal exchange in January 2018, exact dates TBD.
For more complete details and application forms please download the documents below.