Cedar International School is currently seeking highly qualified educators in the subject areas below. If you feel you have the experience, passion and creativity to thrive in one of these positions, we would love to hear from you.
MYP Coordinator : Cedar International School seeks an MYP Coordinator to join its secondary leadership team and guide the success of its IB Middle Years Program. Candidates should have at least 3 years experience teaching in the MYP classroom, and prior leadership experience. Please note that the Coordinator role at Cedar is a 50% role, with the other 50% consisting of classroom teaching or other administrative duties, depending on the successful candidate’s experience. Closing date: Friday March 26, 2021
- The MYP Coordinator serves as a key member of the academic leadership team. As such, among the qualities we will value are:
- Pedagogical leadership (e.g. in developing collaborative learning practices amongst all staff, embedding IB philosophy and pedagogy, ensuring embedding of key IB policies, etc.)
- Strong organizational and communication skills (administrative management)
- Experience teaching in the MYP
- Demonstrated commitment to IB principles and the MYP framework
- Experience working collaboratively with colleagues toward common goals
- The ability to nurture relationships and build community
- The ability to innovate, bring about and manage change
- Track record of resolving issues constructively and diplomatically with colleagues, students, and parents
- Consistent engagement in school activities beyond the classroom
Primary School: None at the present time.
Applicants for all teaching positions above must have a university degree in education or a related field and a minimum of three years teaching experience. International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme experience and training in the target courses of study is strongly preferred.
For all positions, Cedar is looking for teachers who are committed to students and their learning, have subject area and pedagogical expertise, are philosophically aligned with Cedar and its programmes, are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning, think systematically about their practice and learn from experience, and are positive members of the learning community.
BVIslanders preferred. To apply for the above positions, please send a cover letter, resume and list of three professional referees to email@example.com.