The Solution Studio
All the students at Cedar International School are entitled to achieve their potential academically, socially, and emotionally as outlined in the school mission and objectives. All students have individual and unique needs, however we recognise that for certain students it will be necessary to make additional provisions in order for these aims to be met. The Solution Studio is here to help!
At Cedar, additional educational needs are defined as an individual’s need for a provision which is additional to, or otherwise different from the educational provision made for students of the same age, beyond the boundaries of expected levels of differentiation. The constraints may be any one or a combination of the following; physical, social, emotional, or intellectual.
The Solution Studio Inclusion model is an evidence-based practice, which provides individualised support, through a range of interventions with a range of professionals based on the students needs, whether academic, social or emotional. We aim to
- Build self esteem and confidence
- Meet the academic, social and emotional needs of students
- Remove barriers to learning
- Develop independence
- Provide individual Education Passports (EP) as needed
- Work in partnership with parents, students, teachers, allied health providers
The Solution Studio team currently consists of;
- Victoria Ghiorse – Learning Support Coordinator
- Kate Mallin – Counsellor
- Gemma Restell – Primary Learning Support
- Sharon Rameshar – Primary Learning Support
- Malen Semira – Secondary Learning Support
- Marian Cazabon-Blok – Bilingual and Multilingual Learning Coordinator
Enya Douglas – DEI Coordinator
If you have concerns about your child, in the first instance contact their class/subject teacher. If you continue to have concerns, please speak to Head of Primary/Secondary School or contact the Learning Support Coordinators.
Bilingual and Multilingual Learning
Visit the link below for a curated collection of resources from Cedar’s Bilingual and Multilingual Learning Coordinator.
Occasionally, The Solution Studio produces a short document tackling a particular subject. These tips are displayed in the atrium of the school. They are also uploaded here for easy reference.