The International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) at Cedar International School.
Cedar International School offers the Primary Years Programme for students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through to Grade 5, culminating in the PYP Exhibition.
The PYP at Cedar International School allows students to participate in six in-depth, transdisciplinary units of inquiry throughout the year addressing the PYP essential elements. Each of these units:
- engages students in challenging inquiry based learning experiences of local and global relevance
- provides opportunities for students to construct meaning based on prior knowledge
- allows students to explore recurring concepts across the disciplines, building depth and significance to everyday life
- encourages students to respond actively and responsibly in response to their learning deepening their understanding of their role in the world around them
- fosters collaboration and the development of social, communication, research, self-management and thinking skills in a supportive and safe environment
- develops IB Learner Profile attributes to build the attitudes needed to become lifelong learners and global citizens
These units are outlined in our school-wide Programme Of Inquiry and are carefully designed to build concepts, knowledge and skills from one year to the next, as a student progresses through the school. The PYP exhibition is an in-depth collaborative unit of investigation chosen and developed by the students. It is a transdisciplinary inquiry which allows students to demonstrate the knowledge and skills acquired throughout the PYP years. Students gain independence and confidence in their role as a learner, are empowered to take meaningful action, and have the opportunity to exhibit the attributes of the learner profile.
We encourage you explore the benefits of a PYP education at Cedar International School and welcome queries about any of our programmes. For further information please contact the Cedar International School PYP Coordinator or follow the link: http://www.ibo.org/programmes/primary-years-programme/.
The Essential Elements of the PYP Curriculum Framework.
Knowledge – What do we want the students to know about?
Concepts – What do we want the students to understand?
Skills – What do we want the students to be able to do?
Learner Profile – What do we want the students to feel?
Action – How do we want the students to act?
Resources, Links and Downloads.
Please see the related documents and links below. For more comprehensive information on the International Baccalaureate PYP and many more resources please visit www.ibo.org